Monday, August 11, 2008

WOW.. we are officially HALF WAY through our Korea Training Camp. Today was another SUPER hard day. We had the same long practice hours that we did yesterday. By the way, our pool is RIGHT next door to the World Cup Soccer Stadium from the Suwon World Cup. Anyways, we started off the practice with tech duet while the team worked on the side. Our duet practice was intense. We "played the add on game", and for those of you synchroers out there.. you know how fun that can be! We started with the end of our routine, and just kept adding on untill it was a swim through. Our bodies are pretty beat and full of lactic acid. Training is rough. After tech duet, we did the same thing with tech team. That was really hard as well! After we went to lunch, we came back and landrilled, then did another tech duet run through. After that we worked on free team. By the end of practice our whole team was so tired that we all got the giggles. We were laughing about everything, includint the Korean water aerobics class that was going on in the pool next to us. Let me tell you, our American water aerobics classes are NOTHING compared to this one. These people were working hard, and also politely asked us to turn off our music. Obviously our coach said no. Another incident that made us laugh pretty hard was the super high voltage microphone. The pool that we are practicing at has no AC and is so unbelievably humid, it is pretty hard to take. For some reason the extreme humidity makes the coaches microphone shock them every time they touch it, so they have to hold it wrapped in a towel. Poor Tammy kept accidentally touching her mouth to the microphone and shocking her self. We would hear, " Ready? 5, 6, 7, OUUUUUCCHHH!!". Although we are working super hard, we are definately improving. We are getting all of the small nitty gritty tasks done. Our coaches tuned into how our bodies are doing, and thankfully are giving us the morning off! We get to stay at the hotel and landrill starting at 9 tomorrow! We have pool time from 2-5. I am so thankful for this, I think we really need it and I am glad our coaches are being smart. Tonight we went to a Korean BBQ place for dinner! I LOVE KOREAN BBQ! It was soo good, I ate so much beef and other goodies! After dinner, we had a really inspiring Duke meeting. We went around the room and stated what we are thankful for, and we realized just how thankful we are for eachother. I am so thankful that I have been given such a wonderful life with so much endless opportunity, the chance to compete in the Olympics, and I am even more thankful that I am in a team sport and get to experience all of these monumental moments with the poeple that I love most. Oh yea, I forgot to blog one more detail about my massage last night! The entire time they were playing music from American musicals, sang by Korean people! It was so funny to hear," Tomallooowww.. Tomalloowww .. I love you.. Tomallowww!" and ,"Summer Lavinggg had me aa blaasstt"(just to name a few!). I was trying so hard not to laugh the entire time. That's all I've got for the time being. I am going to have a long, most enjoyable nights sleep with my tummy full of bomb Korean BBQ! Life is gooooood.

1 comment:

michele said...

Christina, Your blogs are so funny, and inspiring!!! I so happy you are enjoying the whole experience. And you're even able to appreciate the hard work!! Go USA, My thoughts are with you, Love Michele