Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 2 of a blue sky in Beijing! If only it could last.. So last night my parents weren't able to make it into the village. The airline lost my luggage that I will need for my 25 day long vacation after the Olympics, and they were dealing with it at the airport. I am really bummed out that I didn't get to see them, and really bummed out about my backpack. Air Canada better find it! So last night our track cycling friends competed, and before they got back to the village we decorated their hall. We wrote congrats signs, taped "recovery snacks" on the wall for them, and topped it off with 2 rolls of toilet paper. That was fun! It was nice to have a chance to talk with other athletes all yesterday.

Today we got to practice at BNU (the University that the USOC set up for us). It was really nice to just get away from all of the commotion and have just the pool, and us, nobody else. We were focused and got some good work done. Then we headed over to the Water Cube and had 20 minutes with music. This was the first day that we saw all of our competition. We had a pretty solid practice.

We just got back to the village and have a few hours to rest. Then we will have landrill tonight at 7:30.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed that Air Canada will find my bag! After all, backpacking with out a backpack would be pretty hard..

No comments: