Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WOW! It's official. One last practice in Korea and then we are off to Beijing! This morning we had a pretty successful mock meet. We warmed up with counts just like we would on game day, and then used the 15 minutes of music time that we will be allowed before we compete. Then we got out and knoxed, put on full comp makeup, and our free team suits and hats! The suits are SO amazing! They are decorated with REAL Swarovski crystals, and they definately show our theme which is "LIGHT". After we got all geared up, we walked through our exact warm up regimine that we will use at the Games. We got in and warmed up our bodies, got out and visualized that we were actually there, walked out, and swam the free program! I think that this was a really good simulation because we all got really nervous! I am glad that we practiced that and got all of the nerves out of our system. The swim was a little less connected than yesterdays, but nothing too bad. We know what to expect now, and we feel stronger than ever.

After our "showtime" we came back to the hotel for lunch. I havn't written about this yet, but every day Belle (my roomate) and I have this ongoing battle. We cannot stay awake on our lunch breaks! Every day we get back to the room and have an hour to unwind, and we always end up passing out! Waking up from these naps has been particularly traumatizing, so we promised that we wouldn't fall asleep today. We layed in our beds and watched the Olympics, and before we knew it we were dozing off. I caved in pretty early, but as I was falling asleep I kept hearing Belle saying ,"Must... Fight... Sleep... Must.. Fight it...". Sure enough our alarm went off way too soon, and we went through the WHOLE process again. We push snooze, moan and complain, somehow put one foot on the ground, roll onto the floor, put on our shoes, and go to practice with our nap hangovers. I was able to snap out of it pretty soon though, so I am glad that I got the extra rest!

Our second practice went pretty well too. We landrilled, worked on free duet, and tech team. Our bodies are getting really tired, but we have a half day tomorrow and then a full day off the day after that so we know that we will be fine. This is all part of the plan, and we believe in it 100%.

Oh yea! Yesterday Duke (our one of a kind sports phsycologist if you could call him that) and Laura (our National Team Director) gook a trip to the border or North Korea! It was really interesting hearing about their journey, and I wish that I had the time to go see it. For now their stories will have to tide me over.

My next blog will be from the Olympic Village! I think that we REALLY benefited from this Korea Training Camp but I am ready to get back to the OLYMPICS! Till next time!

No comments: