Sunday, August 17, 2008

LAST DAY OF PRACTICE!

WOAH! Last day of practice! I am going to try to type really fast and get in as much as I can, but I need to get my rest because tomorrow is GAME DAY! We first started training at BNU again. We had a nice long warm up, worked on verticals, reviewed free duet and tech team. As we were getting out the Womens Water Polo team was getting in for a scrimmage so it was cool to see them! After practice, our manager Denise gave me a bag with gifts from loved ones at home! One was a card from the Burns family and in it was pictures, an awesome card, and a little patch of material. On the material Cindy drew a red glitter "good luck" Chinese character with one gold sequin. For each event Denise is going to sew it to the inside of my suit. I know that is going to give me comfort! I also got a care package from Matea, Amanda, and Tree! It was SO AWESOME! It made me smile so much, it totally made my day! I guess they all made shirts that have a picture of my 12-13 Evita solo on it. They made me a shirt with a picture of them wearing those shirts, fully decorated with the Olympic rings and other goodies! They also included emergency chocolate, and little good luck charms. I was reminded that I have so much love and support coming from home. It gave me the warm fuzzies for sure. I have more wall decorations for my room.. YES! After water time, we had practice with our circus school coach, landrill/ video watch, and a Duke session! THEN, we were off to the pool! We had about 2 hours to get ready for our whopping 20 minutes with music. We swam through tech duet, and tech team, and then did some free parts. After practice, I came home and got my shoulder worked on and then got all of the lactic acid rubbed out of my legs. By the time I got to the caf, none of my teammates were there so I had to settle and eat dinner with the Mens Waterpolo Team.. that was pretty rough... JUST KIDDING!

OH YEAH! This morning Gail made sure that we stopped our training at BNU to watch Michael and our boys make history! We all crowded around a TV with other USA athletes from other sports, and watched with anticipation. It was a moment I will never forget. Everyone SCREAMING... oh man I nearly fainted I was so nervous! Once again our boys pulled through, we are GOOOOOOOD!

I am so excited that I will actually be competing tomorrow. Everything feels like it is in fast forward, and I keep trying to sloooooow it down. I need to savor each and every moment. Ok I'm off to bed.

Love, Christina

No comments: