Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Duet Finals Day!

WOW WHAT A DAY! We got to sleep in this morning! It was really nice to have allllllll day to warm up our free duet. It was a calm and relaxed warm up, just how I like it! It is so crazy to me to be writing this right now.. duet finals over.. already over half way done with my Olympic experience.

Our swim was really enjoyable today. There was a MINOR error in the beginning, but we were able to pick it up. We were not the only duet that made an error by the way, so we were all on a level playing field. Todays swim felt way slower, and I felt like I really had an opportunity to connect with each and every judge. It was SO nice to see my friends and family in the crowd again! Seeing them, and knowing that I had the Burns patch sewn into my suit, I was once again reminded of all the love and support from back at home.

After duet finals, we practiced team a little and then were off to the Speedo Party!!! It was so nice to go to this event because EVERYONE was invited! I got to see my mom, dad, Julia, Alison, Kathleen, Matea, Amanda, Tree, Liz, Bekah, Rachel, Piers, Missy, and EVERYONE ELSE! It was SUCH a dream to sit and eat dinner and chat with the people I love most in this world. It was just SO amazing, and I will remember this night forever! Matea, Tree, and Amanda made shirts with my picture on it.. and puff paint.. complete with a sign! Everyone else was in their USA gear, and I actually started crying the first time I got to hug my dad! Today was an emotional roller coaster for sure.

I am so thankful for my duet partner Andrea. Together we have come SUCH a long way, we have been through SO much together. I will cherish the bond that we have forever, and I will take all of these memories with me. I love you Drea!

We don't compete tomorrow, but it will be a BIG practice day! I am hoping to overcome this stupid cold that I have (I didn't admit to myself that I had one until after finals were over). I AM SO READY TO BE BACK IN THE MIX WITH THE TEAM!

WATCH OUT WORLD!

1 comment:

Chris Strolia-Davis said...

Hey Cous,

You did an awesome job. It was so great to see you. I'm very proud.