Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of competition is finished already! WOW! Let me start filling you all in from this morning, even though this morning seems like it was 3 days ago!

So each country was allowed 8 minutes of music time this morning. Being draw number 4, that would mean that we would have to be diving in at 7:30, to use 8 minutes of music, all to compete at about 3:15. We opted to NOT use that music time. Instead, we went to BNU! That was the best decision we have ever made! We got to sleep in a little bit, and we got the chance to warm up in privacy hidden from the chaos and commotion. Andrea and I had a nice long swimming warm up, stretched out, and warmed up our verticals. We then had 1 hour of music time, instead of 8 minutes. We went over each section, and swim large parts to get our bodies going! Then we grabbed a quick sandwich, and were off to the competition pool! As soon as we got to the pool, we went over our walk ons and deck work because the stage was not set up until this morning! Swimming was using the deck space until last night, so nobody had a chance to figure their steps out yet. The walk on was pretty easy to figure out, so after we did that we got back in and warmed up again. Then we went over some key parts, and did some pretty big sections with our run through with music. The run through with music was a little rough, but we were glad that we got all of the jitters out. After that, we got out and got all ready for our swim! Our suits are so pretty by the way! We got in and warmed up again (yes we warm up a lot in synchro). When we walked to the ready room, it was so surreal. I expecting to be super unbearably nervous and anxious. Instead, I was so calm. Not nervous at all. Andrea and I were both super connected, calm, and collected.

As we walked out, I heard my dad say ,"GO STINA!" loud and clear. That comforted me like no other. Our swim was SO MUCH FUN! It felt in slow motion, and I felt like I had time to think of each task that I needed to complete. It felt really easy and free. The coaches were pretty pleased with our swim as well. A few things SLIGHTLY off, but for the most part it was a good swim. I will always remember the feeling of satisfaction that I had after. It was really exciting to look into the stands and see our American flag waving proudly in various parts of the cube. After we were done competing, we walked through the media zone and answered some questions for NBC and some other reporters.

Guess what we did after that? Thats right! Got right back in, and practiced free duet! I feel good that we got the opportunity to go through everything. I am ready to go back to my room and read until I fall sleep.. which will probably last about half a page or so.

WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHOW OFF OUR FREE PROGRAM TOMORROW!!

No comments: