Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Today was a good day! We got to "sleep in" and start the morning with pre-deck work. It was really fun, and we have something pretty cool planned. Hopefully you will all get to see it on TV! Things went really well in the water too. The Korean Junior National Team came to watch us today which gave us an opportunity to perform for an audience. We swam through tech duet, tech team, and free team for our guests. Each swim was a step up from our last one. Yes you heard me! WE ARE IMPROVING! Yes! All of our swims felt really connected and together. I love swims like that. While we were warming up a stroke section in our free program, Jillian broke her toe. She stuck her foot out of the water and her 4th toe was WHITE while every other toe had color to it. She was in a lot of pain, but she taped it and got right back in for our performance. Props to Jill! The Korean team really liked our routines and they gave us 2 cakes and a box of fruit! After dinner (and cake), it was time for round 2 of my Korean massage experience. My session started off with "Pretty Woman" as the background music, sung by a Korean of course, The lady that massaged me this time was so intense! It was more like a stretching session rather than a massage. I was able to keep a straight f ace untill she put me on my back, bent my leg and crossed it over me, and then started spanking me! I was caught SO off guard, but my body feels a lot better so I guess she knows what she's doing. Everyone here is so nice and hospitable, I love it! I AM starting to miss the village though! I am excited that we get to go back the day after tomorrow! Gail got in tonight, and I will be glad to have her at our practices. The plan for tomorrow morning is to have a "free team show time" complete with knox and competition suits. I will let you all know how that goes!

It is so exciting to follow the Olympics online, I can't wait to get back and be a part of the magic! With that said, I am off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Christian!!! I'm so excited for you, you are going to be AMAZING!!! Sorry to hear about the spanking, LOL.... but, i'm sure she was just "spanking" you for good luck to get the GOLD!!! love you tons, Heidi