Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Duet Free Prelims Day!

Random fun fact about synchronized swimming at the Olympics: There are 17 underwater speakers! That's right people! 17!!!! How nuts is that?!

So today we went through the same plan that we did yesterday. We started at BNU got ready at the pool. I need to pause a second and really let you all know just how thankful I am for my team. Our team was back there before we competed, offering us help and support in any way possible. I can definitely feel the love when I'm with them. They gave us their best wishes and went up to watch us. SHOW TIME! We were really excited to show the world our free program, we really feel that we have stepped up to the plate with our revamped routine. So far, we have gotten lots of compliments on it! When we walked out, the cheering was nuts! It felt so good to know that I had friends and family there... decked out in USA gear.. with signs made and everything! I once again heard my dad scream ,"GO STINA!". Right before we swam some guy screamed, "YYYEEAAAUUUUUHHHHH!!!" and the ENTIRE crowd started laughing and clapping. We still don't know who this mystery man is, but we have a suspicion. Whoever you are.. you rock and keep it coming! The swim itself felt a little rough today, but the coaches said that it was a really really good swim! That always happens to me... the best swims feel a little rough! I still don't know why that is! I got half a breath before I started our super long first hybrid, and Andrea sucked in water before our last hybrid, but somehow...we fought for it and it worked! I feel very proud of our swim, and I KNOW that we can be better tomorrow!

After our competition we walked through the media zone and then hopped back into the practice pool with the team! It felt good to do a few things with them, as we have only been practicing duet lately. We busted out some elements, some lifts, some key parts.. and we were on our way home! I just finished getting a massage, and I am ready for bed! The coaches are letting the duet sleep in tomorrow! YES! Alright my lovies... it's time to REST UP!

FINALS TOMORROW... BRING IT ON!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck from Warm Springs!!!!

We're oh so proud. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Go team USA!

Ida & WS family!

BTW, thank you for taking the time to blog. It's a whole new experience to get to see it through your eyes. It's amazing!

*~*Ryn*~* said...

Good luck, girl! China's beautiful! :D

Pat said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience. The media does a good job but what you've shared takes us there on a very personal level. Your blog is pure GOLD! Good luck from Colorado.

Your Mom's Classmate friend.